Monday, December 6, 2010

Skylight Letter #1- "Identity X"

If I call you when it all comes crashing down, will you answer? I do not want to face this all alone
And can you help me stay down to Earth when my body and mind are stuck in the clouds?
If I drift too far, you know as well as I do that I’m not coming back anytime soon
But that is why I’m the dreamer …the one looking at the positives when things look its bleakest.

Well, I guess that’s why we go together so well.
Because with you, what you see is always what you get
But with me, it’s a little different.
I have a different persona for every day of the week and you know how to handle each one.

I can approach you with the “Ne-Yo” gentlemanly kind of swagger…three piece suits and all.

Maybe I can adopt the classic high school varsity football demeanor. I could give you my jersey or my letterman jacket to model for the day…or something like that.

On the off chance that all those do not work, I can come out with the flashy and flamboyant side of me. We can go shopping and act like nothing mattered.

And if all of those fail to meet the standards, I’ll just use the plain old me; the combination of every persona all molded into one. The plain old me is someone who you can talk to if something happens. The plain old me is someone who you can just relax with on the weekends and study with on school days.

Well, it does not matter which one you like because my identity is already completed by you just being in my life.

                                                  Skylight Letter# 1

No comments:

Post a Comment